Your fall “to-do”
list for home maintenance!
A few hours spent on fall maintenance will protect the investment you’ve made, and make for a more comfortable and worry-free winter ahead. Get started with our fall “to-do” list:
- Ensure windows and doors (especially the one between house & garage) close tightly; repair or replace weather stripping if needed.
- Check your roof for loose or missing shingles.
- Ensure your eavestroughs and downspouts are clear.
- Check your chimney for nests, other obstructions, or buildup of residues.
- Get a pro to inspect your heating system. Clean or replace the furnace air filter each month all winter.
- Have ducts professionally cleaned every few years; vacuum everything you can reach.
- Check your home safety devices and change the batteries.
- Change the direction of ceiling fans to push warm air from the ceiling down.
- Cover outside of air-conditioning unit.
- Drain and store outdoor hoses. Protect delicate landscaping.
By doing a few small things you will ensure your home is ready for the winter months and you can enjoy them in comfort.
Have a great fall season!
September 4, 2013 | Categories: Buyers, Local Kitchener Waterloo, Sellers, Uncategorized | Tags: first time home buyer, home buying, home inspection, home maintenance, home upkeep, home value, kevin baker, kitchener, Kitchener waterloo, kwhometeam, market update, real estate, real estate investing, Remax, sales rep, to do list, waterloo ontario, waterloo region school board, westvale | 1 Comment